We are three days into AWS re:Invent and the announcements are still just as exciting as the first two days. Anya Marshall, our Talent Acquisition Manager, is currently absorbing all of the excitement around Andy Jassy, keynote speaker and AWS CEO.
“It’s been an exciting and eventful day at AWS re:Invent. In his keynote, Andy Jassy emphasized the notion of Database Freedom true to the principles of customer obsession. Announcements included 35 new features for Amazon Aurora, a reliable commercial grade DB system that comes in at 1/10 of the cost compared to the competition. Announcements for DynamoDB included 30 new features. To top it off, AWS has officially announced their intentions of offering Blockchain Solutions to their customers as both Partner Solutions, QLDB centralized ledger, and a fully managed blockchain service. The schedule is full of well-executed sessions by AWS and their partners Cisco, Consensys, R3 and others.
And how about the AWS DeepRacer?”
– Anya Marshall, RLT’s Talent Acquisition Manager
- AWS Security Hub – a new service In Preview that gives you a comprehensive view of your high-priority security alerts and compliance status across AWS accounts.
- Announcing Amazon Timestream – a purpose-built time series database service for collecting, storing, and processing time-series data such as server and network logs, sensor data, and industrial telemetry data for IoT and operational applications.
- Announcing AWS Lake Formation – AWS Lake Formation is a service that makes it easy to set up a secure data lake in days. A data lake is a centralized, curated, and secured repository that stores all your data, both in its original form and prepared for analysis. A data lake enables you to break down data silos and combine different types of analytics to gain insights and guide better business decisions.
- Amazon DynamoDB – on-demand is a flexible new capacity mode for DynamoDB capable of serving thousands of requests per second without capacity planning. DynamoDB on-demand offers simple pay-per-request pricing for read and write requests so that you only pay for what you use, making it easy to balance costs and performance.
- Amazon Managed Blockchain is a fully managed service that makes it easy to create and manage scalable blockchain networks using the popular open source frameworks Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum. Hyperledger Fabric is available today, Ethereum is coming soon.
- AWS DeepRacer – the fastest way to get rolling with machine learning. Get hands-on with a fully autonomous 1/18th scale race car driven by reinforcement learning, 3D racing simulator, and global racing league.
We are excited to hear what AWS will announce in the next few days, check back with us for updated highlights from re:invent.